Fraser Lake Family Day winter fun
On Feb. 8 from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., families and friends in Fraser Lake are invited for winter fun and community spirit at the village’s baseball diamonds.
Featuring the newly set ski tracks, the BC Family Day celebration includes a bonfire, free hot dogs and hot chocolate, sledding, as well as snowshoeing or cross-country skiing for those without equipment from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.
New B.C. guide for Aging Well
Health Minister Terry Lake today announced an enhanced 11th edition of the BC Seniors’ Guide is available in print, PDF and new e-book formats, as well as on the Aging Well website (www.gov.bc.ca/seniorsguide) for those over 50 years of age.
The new seniors’ guide includes information on programs, such as:
* Fair PharmaCare;
* Medical Services Plan (MSP) premium assistance;
* the Home Adaptations for Independence program, which provides financial assistance for low-income seniors to modify their homes;
* Shelter Aid for Elderly Renters, which helps make rents affordable for low- to moderate-income seniors;
* the bus pass program, which offers subsidized bus passes to low-income seniors;
* the B.C. senior’s supplement, which offers a provincial top-up to the federal Old Age Security/Guaranteed Income Supplement payment.