July 6 Community Briefs

Updated hunting and trapping regulations, new marketing program for B.C. food exports

Updated hunting, trapping regulations

The Province has released the 2016-18 Hunting and Trapping Regulations Synopsis, detailing the most up-to-date rules and regulations for hunters throughout British Columbia.

Updated every two years, the new rules are in effect from July 1, 2016 to June 30, 2018.

Decision statements for each of the proposed regulation changes are at: http://apps.nrs.gov.bc.ca/pub/ahte/ and the synopsis is available online and in hard copy at sports stores, outfitters and other hunting licence vendors.

 

New program for marketing B.C. food exports

B.C. and federal government are presenting a $500,000 program to help B.C. food businesses expand to international markets.

The new B.C. Agrifood and Seafood Market Development Preparedness Program supports:

* Conducting or purchasing market intelligence studies to help applicants understand the competitive environment and potential opportunities in domestic or international markets.

* Developing long-term strategic marketing plans for domestic or international markets.

* Completing eligible marketing skills training courses at qualified educational institutions.

The program will cover 75% of eligible expenses, while the applicants will be responsible for the remaining 25%.

Application packages and more information are available at: http://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content?id=83E740903BE04ADCBB9F8C50303B1E71