WL McLeod is the hub for all elementary school students who take the bus. Coupled with the fact that McLeod School itself has a large number of students, the parking and traffic around McLeod at the end of the school day is congested and dangerous for children and drivers.
The WL McLeod PAC, SD91 and the District of Vanderhoof have created a plan to help eleviate some of the bus and traffic congestion present at the school. Please read through this carefully with your child, spouse and anyone else who may drop-off or pick-up your child from McLeod School.
Everyone needs to understand the new rules so that your child can get to and from school safely.
We are making these changes to improve safety for all children who attend WL McLeod School and/or from another school and use the bus. The changes will not only improve traffic flow and child safety issues after school, but also allow buses to utilize the lights at the Victoria and Burrard intersection to improve bus efficiency and safety.
Changes as of May 7, 2012
• Buses moved to Victoria Street. All SD 91 buses will drop-off and pick-up students on Victoria Street. The fence along Victoria St has been modified with openings to access the buses. The SD 91 Transportation Department has modified the bus schedule to accommodate this change. Please contact SD 91 for more information if you use the bus.
• ONE-WAY traffic on Damon Square. Damon Square is the name of the road currently used by the buses. After May 7 this road will be converted to a one-way street. You will enter from Victoria St and exit via Douglas St.
• Angle parking on Damon Square. The one-way road will be lined with angle parking along the fence side of the road. This area is for vehicle angle drop-off/pick-up parking only. This will create a safer parking area so that children will not have to walk behind parked vehicles to get to their vehicle. Please abide by the painted lines and park away from the fence, to allow space for people to walk between the parked vehicles and the fence. The angle parking area is for drop-off and pick-up only – NO long-term parking!
• Parallel parking on Douglas Street. All parking on Douglas Street will now be parallel parking (no angle parking as before). Vehicles are permitted to park in this area long-term (if you have to get out of your vehicle to go into the school grounds or school).
For more information, please contact:
• the WL McLeod PAC – email@example.com
• WL McLeod School – 250-567-2267
• the bus garage – 250-567-9618