Disc Golf Course
A new disc golf course is being built in Vanderhoof.
Staff requested council to waive the district of Vanderhoof’s tree removal requirements to accommodate the disc golf course in an Oct. 15 regular public meeting.
The financial implications of the project are $9,219.53 in the 2019 budget.
As per municipal documents, staff has researched and reached out to other communities for suggestions on layout and design for the course. Staff also contacted two local disc golf players for input on Vanderhoof’s course layout and design for the 9-hole course.
Public Works Update
Public works update by Chad Westbrook, operations superintendent was presented to council during the same regular public meeting.
There has been a culvert installation on Riverview Drive.
A ditching project from Highway 16 to Recreation Avenue overpass is underway. Apart from that, upgrades have begun on the exterior of the district municipal office. New signage has been installed in front of the building. Further renovations will include vertical ranch wall sliding, hardy board application and pain. Installation of Cedar stained posts and beam with required flashing is expected to be completed by Oct. 31.
Here are some recently completed and ongoing projects:
– Vanderhoof Airport: Hydro seeding was completed on Sept. 20 and tie down installation was completed on Sept. 24.
– Diamond 4 netting: netting, poles, anchor installation was completed on Sept. 28
– Douglas/Stewart & Douglas/ Columbia Pedestrian Crossings: service poles are being constructed and repaired. Expected completion on Oct. 31.
– Northside Lift Station Scada Upgrades: ICI Electrical Engineering was awarded the engineering contract with the expected commissioning date of Dec. 2.
– Roof maintenance repairs were completed on the Vanderhoof Library, Public Works building and the Vanderhoof Arena.
– Herbicide spraying was completed on all of the district’s right of ways, airport, museum and trails.