FORT ST. JAMES HIGHWAY WEBCAM READY TO SHOOT
FORT ST. JAMES – A new DriveBC highway camera is going live today on Highway 27 near Fort St. James. It’s available on DriveBC at:http://prd.images.drivebc.ca/bchighwaycam/pub/html/www/226.html
Why this matters:
- This is the first webcam located on Highway 27, giving Fort St. James and area residents a real-time look at highway conditions.
- Motorists can use this webcam to plan ahead and make smarter, safer decisions about driving.
- The camera is located at one of the higher elevations on Highway 27, which can be subject to adverse weather conditions.
“I’m always happy to see more safety features on Highway 27. This upgrade will help drivers plan their routes during harsh weather conditions and notify them of any delays.”
– Nechako Lakes MLA John Rustad
- The web camera is located on Highway 27, about 32 km south of Fort St. James, looking north.
- DriveBC is the Province of B.C.’s most popular website. It provides timely road condition updates, travel advisories, road closure information for provincial highways, weather information and other important links to the travelling public, to help ensure easier, safer trips.
- The Province launched the DriveBC website in 2005.
- DriveBC received an average of 1.04 million visits per month in 2011.