The Nechako-Kitamaat Development Fund Society Board of Directors has approved funding for projects in Vanderhoof, Burns Lake, and Southside areas, bringing the total approved amount for this fiscal year to $428,384.
The successful approvals are: $56,250 to Community Futures Nadina for the Enterprising Artisans project, which will increase the profile of local artisans along the western corridor, by building a marketing and distribution system and an online portal.
• $16,200 to College of New Caledonia-Nechako Campus to assist with purchasing 2 Flight Simulators for the purpose of training pilots for employment in northern Canadian air charter operations.
• $39,970 to Francois Tchesinket Recreation Commission to assist with a number of upgrades to the Francois Hall.
• $10,850 to Lakes District Film Society for assistance with upgrades to the Beacon Theatre.
• $22,768 to Nechako Valley Sporting Association to assist with purchasing automated clay pigeon throwers, which will position the club to attract more locals and visitors to competitions and shooting events.
• $28,004 to Regional District of Bulkley Nechako to assist with installation of a pager repeater tower and system for the Southside area. The system is necessary to boost the reception and pager coverage across the entire protection area and link the pager service to the 9-1-1 service.
The society encourages applications from local governments and legally incorporated non-profit organizations. NKDF invests in projects that create sustainable employment, diversify the economy, and improve the basic infrastructure needed for community stability, quality of life and growth.