The Nechako-Kitamaat Development Fund Society have recently sanctioned $179,119 in funding to six projects in Vanderhoof, Fraser Lake and Burns Lake.
In an April 16 news release, NKDF Chair Cindy Shelford said,”The NKDF Board of Directors is pleased to partner in these projects as communities throughout the investment area grapple with the effects of COVID-19 while they strive for economic recovery.”
The following grants were approved at NKDF’s March 25 board meeting:
- Vanderhoof Flying Club was awarded $35,000 to go towards acquiring fuel system at the Vanderhoof Airport.
- Nechako Valley Exhibition Society was granted $13,819 to go towards the purchase of a tractor that is vital to sustaining daily operations at the Exhibition Grounds and to facilitate numerous annual events.
- District of Vanderhoof was granted $7,500 to go towards installing way-finding signage throughout the community of Vanderhoof, to attract and direct tourists to recreational facilities and amenities.
- Village of Fraser Lake was awarded with $80,000 for the Fraser Lake Innovation Centre. This funding will be used to renovate a building to serve as the Innovation Centre with the goal of expanding services and training offered in the community and to create and provide a community space.
- Village of Fraser Lake was also granted $35,000 for the Fraser Lake Fire Department to assist with the purchase of new self-contained breathing apparatus for use by the Fire Department when attending fire, hazmat and road rescue calls.
- Burns Lake and District Seniors Society will receive $7,500 to assist with resurfacing the 400m oval walking track, which will enable it to be used all-year round.
Michelle Mungall, Minister of Jobs, Economic Development and Competitiveness said these grants will provide new amenities to support business and recreation in all three communities.
“People who call this region home, will benefit from these community development projects for years to come.”
The next application deadline to apply for grants from NKDF is July 28, 2020. For more information please visit http://www.nkdf.org/.
For more information on past projects funded throughout the NKDF investment area please visit http://www.nkdf.org/projects.