At the Sept. 7 meeting of the Nechako-Kitamaat Development Fund Society Board, Directors approved $128,019.00 in funding for six new projects.
The six new projects are:
* Nechako Valley Sporting Association was granted $13,500.00 to assist with removing an old shed and replacing with a new structure containing an administrative office, technical room and covered storage shed.
* District of Vanderhoof is awarded $21,869.00 to go towards upgrading the Arena Concession.
* District of Vanderhoof was granted $28,650.00 for the building of two recreational fields including clubhouse, dugouts and picnic shelter.
* Lakes District Senior Housing Association was approved funding in the amount of $29,000.00 to assist with installing a fire suppression sprinkler system in Caroll Cottage retirement home.
* Burns Lake Band was awarded $30,000.00 to go toward the development of an Interpretive Centre that will include static displays show casing local First Nations Culture and highlight local artists.
* Lake Babine Nation was granted $5,000.00 to assist with the Tourism Development. With this funding Lake Babine Nation will conduct research and business planning toward developing tourism products.
The latest proposal deadline was Oct. 25. For requests under $5,000, NKDF accepts requests on an ongoing basis. More information can be found on http://www.nkdf.org/