68-year-old Regnald Percy Waite was last seen in Prince George on Aug. 25. RCMP photo

Prince George man, 68, missing since Aug. 25

Friends and family concerned over disappearance of Regnald Percy Waite

A 68-year-old man is still missing from Prince George after RCMP reported Aug. 30 he hadn’t been seen for several days.

Investigators have determined that Regnald Percy Waite was last seen on the night of Saturday Aug. 25 at approximately 11 p.m. A press release says a thorough investigation has been undertaken.

Family and friends are concerned as it is unusual for Waite to go missing, says the RCMP release. His residence shows no signs that he planned to leave and his vehicles were left at home.

“Regnald enjoys the outdoors and is known to go for walks, hikes and bike rides, in and around our community,” reads the news release.

It said Waite enjoys Prince George locations including Cottonwood Island Park, Ginters Field (near 18th Avenue and Foothills Boulevard), and Lheidli T’enneh Memorial Park. He also frequents the bus stop near the corner of 10th Avenue and Freeman Street.

“Although we have not been able to obtain a description of his bicycle, it is believed he may have taken it with him,” said the release.

RCMP say foul play is not suspected but they are concerned for Waite’s health.

The Prince George RCMP are asking everyone that frequents the outdoors to please report anything suspicious including found clothing and bikes.

Regnald Percy Waite is described as:

· Caucasian male

· 167 cm (5’6”)

· 82 kg (180 lbs) – Lost weight in the last year

· Blue eyes (wears glasses)

· Grey hair

· May have been wearing Croc brand shoes, shorts and a tank top shirt.

If you have any information about Regnald Percy Waite or where he might be, please contact the Prince George RCMP at 250-561-3300 or anonymously contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or online at www.pgcrimestoppers.bc.ca.

READ MORE: Plane missing since Nov. 2017 located in Glacier National Park



editor@quesnelobserver.com

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter

Just Posted

Photos: Archery tournament attracts people of all ages

The Nechako Valley Archers organized an indoor 3D archery tournament

Vanderhoof Aquatic Pool opening in a week

District believes the pool will increase recreation and rehabilitation opportunities

Farm and ranch wildfire preparedness workshop coming to Vanderhoof

Free workshop on Jan. 29 focuses on planning to protect your operation from wildfire

Vanderhoof receives $10,000 from Province

The money is going to be used to develop and lease tee hangars at the airport

New book about Vanderhoof’s past will be on shelves this spring

Nechako Valley Historical Society is finishing up the book that has involved the whole community

VIDEO: Students in MAGA hats mock Native American at Indigenous Peoples March

Diocese in Kentucky says it is investigating the matter, caught on video by onlookers

CONSUMER REPORT: What to buy each month in 2019 to save money

Resolve to buy all of the things you want and need, but pay less money for them

Want to avoid the speculation tax on your vacant home? Rent it out, Horgan says

Premier John Horgan and Sheila Malcolmson say speculation and vacancy tax addresses homelessness

UPDATE: B.C. woman and boy, 6, found safe, RCMP confirm

Roseanne Supernault says both she and her six-year-old nephew are fine and she has contacted police

PHOTOS: Women’s Marches take to the streets across B.C. and beyond

Women and allies marched worldwide protesting violence against women, calling for equality

Anxiety in Alaska as endless aftershocks rattle residents

Seismologists expect the temblors to continue for months, although the frequency has lessened

Women’s March returns across the U.S. amid shutdown and controversy

The original march in 2017, the day after President Donald Trump’s inauguration, drew hundreds of thousands of people

Federal Liberals announce former B.C. MLA as new candidate in byelection

Richard Lee will face off against federal NDP leader Jagmeet Singh

No winning ticket in $10 million Lotto Max jackpot

No win in Friday night’s draw means the next Lotto Max draw will be approximately $17 million

Most Read