Jeremy Shipley Bekken. RCMP photo

UPDATE: body of Prince George man discovered after he went missing Oct. 21

RCMP say foul play is not suspected in death of 37-year-old, who had been missing since Oct. 16

  • Oct. 23, 2018 3:00 p.m.

UPDATE:

The Prince George RCMP have issued a press release stating that on Nov. 5, 2018, they located the body of formerly missing Prince George man, 37-year-old Jeremy Shipley Bekken.

Bekken had been missing from his residence approximately 100 km east of Prince George since Oct. 16. He was reported missing Oct. 21.

RCMP said in the release that foul play is not suspected in the death.

“The Prince George RCMP would like to thank the public and the media for their assistance during this investigation and request that the family be allowed to grieve the loss of their loved one,” said the news release.

ORIGINAL STORY:

The Prince George RCMP are requesting the public’s help in locating a man who has not been seen in a week.

On Sunday Oct. 21, 2018, the Prince George RCMP received a report that 37-year-old Jeremy Shipley Bekken was missing from his Prince George residence and had not been seen since Oct. 16.

Investigators attended the residence, which is in a rural area approximately 100 kilometres east of Prince George. Bekken’s vehicle and wallet were located at his residence, along with his two dogs. A Police Service Dog was deployed in the area without success.

Although Jeremy’s disappearance is unusual, police say they do not believe that foul play was involved.

Jeremy is described as:

· Caucasian male

· 183 cm (6’0”)

· 64 kg (140 lbs)

· Blue eyes

· Long dark blonde hair with scruffy facial hair

· Wearing: Black jeans, black jacket and a toque

If you have any information about Jeremy Shipley Bekken or where he might be, contact the Prince George RCMP at 250-561-3300 or anonymously contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or online at www.pgcrimestoppers.bc.ca. You do not have to reveal your identity to Crime Stoppers.

READ MORE: ‘Violent’ Prince George man wanted on Canada-wide warrant



editor@quesnelobserver.com

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter

Just Posted

Canfor curtailing operations across B.C.

Low lumber prices and the high cost of fibre are the cause of curtailment

Nisga’a leader named UNBC chancellor

Dr. Joseph Arthur Gosnell is the first Indigenous leader to assume the role

Fire forces 36 people at Vanderhoof care home to evacuate

No one was hurt after the fire at Stuart Nechako Manor

Repen: FOI data proves Telkwans being ripped off by ICBC

Former Telkwa mayor received a response from ICBC and says the results don’t look good for residents

Fires still burning near Telegraph Creek

BC Wildfire Service assures residents of a proactive plan heading into wildfire season

VIDEO: B.C.’s waving granny gets incredible send-off from school kids

Tinney Davidson has been waving at students on their way to school for over 11 years, but is moving in a month

One million recyclable bottles ‘lost’ daily in B.C., foundation says

387 million beverage containers didn’t make it back into the province’s regulated deposit refund system in 2017

Struggling B.C. adoption agency elects new board that intends to keep it open

The previous board announced that Choices would close May 31

Vancouver man, 19, charged in human trafficking case involving teen girl

The 16-year-old girl was reported missing and later discovered in Vancouver

Blaine, Wash. inn owner, charged with smuggling people into B.C., granted bail

Robert Joseph Boule ordered to turn away anyone indicating a plan to enter Canada illegally

RCMP arrest B.C. man following threatening Vaisakhi Facebook post

Post made reference to pressure cooker bomb at massive Surrey parade

Another illegal dump of 200 Dungeness crab discovered in northern B.C.

DFO confident new site related to larger April 2 dump

Northern B.C. high school student reaches 100,000 followers on YouTube

Voice actor, animator, Jericho Fortune has more than 30-million views on his channel GTAGAMER222

Most Read