Public Works department of Vanderhoof gave a July 27 update to council in regard to completed and ongoing scheduled projects.
Asphalt Paving has been completed for Vanderview, Einsphar, Cemetery, Dump Road, Spruce Dive, Post Office and other asphalt patch work has been completed.
Meanwhile, for the airport’s water distribution system, the contractor has completed and installed the filtration system, and they are awaiting test results prior to finalizing the project.
Crack sealing has also been completed on Loop Road, Northside Road, Kenny Dam Road, Derksen Road, and 4th Street.
Ongoing scheduled projects in Vanderhoof
- Directional Signage installation is onging.
- Stewart Street Curb, Gutter and Sidewalk work is tentatively scheduled for early August.
- Seal Coating is tentatively scheduled for early August and work schedule is weather permitting.
- Line Painting is scheduled for the end of July, and first week of August.
- Riverside Paved Boardwalk work will begin in the latter half of August.
- Crack Sealing at the Vanderhoof Airport is scheduled to begin at the end of July or beginning of August.
- For the Arena LED upgrade, staff is awaiting arrival of supplies for contractor to start upgrades.
- Water Main Upgrade on 3rd Street has design and engineering underway.
- LED street lighting upgrade for Burrard, Stewart Street and Riverside park have been completed, with Burrard street still ongoing.