Here is a suggestion for Christy that she and her government can do right now, and spare us from having to wait until the Liberals maybe win an election. Because B.C. cannot wait for that.
Scrap the smart meter program now. Save yourself the controversy. Millions will be saved RIGHT NOW.
Now is the time to do a bond issue and have a go at geothermal power generation.
Save Site C for some other time. We don’t need it if we go to Geothermal power generation as the Icelanders do already, (There are also Canadian companies building them in northern California)
It will simultaneously provide:
1. Much needed jobs in the construction industry
2. Stable investment at rock bottom prices with interest rates at unheard of low rates.
3. Stable electrical supply will be created.
4. Environmentally sound supply of electric power 24/7 using free heat
5. A place to put polluting grey water. California replaces water with grey water resulting in elimination of waste water.
6. No damage to rivers. Run of river projects which are expensive and only provide power during run off periods no longer needed.
7. Heat for greenhouses can be taken from the thermal exhaust from generation. Providing jobs for greenhouse workers year round.
We live on the so called Ring of Fire. Let’s use it.
If this isn’t a win-win for B.C., I don’t know what is.